December 23, 2015

Let there be Peace on Earth...

Can you feel it?  That tugging that starts down deep...  In a world spinning fast, all dizzy and blurred, I love that pull that is nearly tangible to slow it down, to stop, to breathe in deep this cold winter air. 

It fights within us... the drive to keep up, and the need to slow down!  

There is a hunger and thirst for more than just some peace and quiet, but for Peace on Earth and a little Silent Night!



Can you feel that, too?  It can go unnoticed, nearly ignored all together. We can rush right by it... push it back down and keep running around, crossing things off our bossy lists. But oh how I pray that we don't do that! No - let's not dismiss it... instead of pushing through, let's lean in!  

Lean IN to the Cradle, and in to the Cross.

Let's agree together that what this weary world needs most is a Holy Night, is a Falling on our knees, is a little rejoicing!  I'm learning more and more about Advent and the glory of waiting... of expecting Him to come!

I heard Liz Curtis Higgs speak it earlier this month - how Mary departed after encountering the angel, heading for Elizabeth's and how maybe, just maybe, it was Elizabeths' greeting that revealed to Mary that she was pregnant.  She may have not even known when the Spirit overshadowed her and that got me to thinking:

Miracles often happen when we are unaware!

How many miracles... how many answers to prayer come and we don't even notice?

Advent means "Coming" and while many still wait - we know that He has come. 

He is coming and He is here and no matter where you are or what you are needing, He comes for you tonight.

I remember when my OneWord365 word was "Surprise!"

That year, and really every year since then, "Surprise" has showed up for us in some amazing ways... blessings, provisions and favor... boldness, risks, and love increasing. It also showed up in some hard ways: health issues with family, being faced with old fears and insecurities that I thought were conquered, and a few disappointments... but probably the most surprising "Surprise" is what God continues to do on the inside of us. There has been this shifting and awakening within us, and I know that we are not alone in that! I know it will continue even as 2016 arrives and a new word is brought to light.  (This year my OneWord was "Wonder" and oh my goodness, who I found wonder everywhere! I'll write more about that next week!)

No matter what my OneWord was, or where I focused my heart and hopes and dreams over the years, I have seen how through the 'good' and the 'bad' (read: hard) - Miracles have happened while I was unaware... blessings multiplied the more I tried to capture them, to count them and write them down one by one...

I know for me - looking through our year - I can see clearly now that miracles really have happened - both big and small... health has been and is being restored; grace has covered; forgiveness wins; provision has been supernatural; love has grown deeper; restoration in family and in friendships continues on, our church is growing and thriving, and hope for what is next is constantly arising!

I am praying miracles happen for you too, and as you celebrate His coming, you will find that He is always ALWAYS worth the wait, and that He is just waiting to show up for you!

He has come... and He is coming still!



Believing for miracles --and eyes to see them!

With Love,







Don't forget to enter to win A Few of My Favorite Things Giveaway, by clicking HERE!

* This post was recently updated but was originally published in 2013.

6 comments :

  1. He has come...and He is coming still. Selah. CHRISTMAS JOY, WONDER, and LONGING be yours this holy season. (((xo)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh friend....love! THIS: "There is a hunger and thirst for more than just some peace and quiet, but for Peace on Earth and a little Silent Night!" Brave has showed up in my life in big ways this year. Still waiting for God to whisper that one Word for 2016 in my ear yet. Jesus is coming! This precious born to all on that very holy silent night. Love you friend! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for you for direction on your one word for next year! Brave was so good to you this year! Hope you had a great Christmas, my friend! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Yes. So much yes. "Lean in to the cradle and in to the cross"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive