October 9, 2015

31 Days of Truths... "We Trust Jesus In You." DAY NINE - a Five Minute Friday post...

I made it to the Twitter party last night and it was such a needed gathering! We are almost a third of the way through this Challenge to write every day and I think a good portion of us are feeling the drain... and pushing through a bit of tired! Refueling with friends and family is a must and I am so thankful for my online writerly tribe!

This is Five Minute Friday (- a five minute timed free write) and our One Word Prompt for the day is: TRUST



Disclaimer: When I saw the Word Prompt, I was tempted to skip it because --well, because I have already written about Trust twice this week in this series! I wrote about it HERE in how we can choose to Trust him anyway, and I wrote about it HERE in how we can trust when our plans don't always work out!  And yet... I left Fridays open in this series to participate, and God already knew that this would be the word - so I am choosing to Trust that He still has more to say through me on it. (Ya see what I did there?) 

{GO}

Trust... we have already talked about Trust and how Trust is a Person and how even when we can not see, He can still be trusted... He is at work and He is working all things together for our good --even when it doesn't feel like it!

Yes.  Those are truths that we know, but so often forget.

Today however I don't want to tackle our trust in Him, but His trust in us... and then, how we are called to trust Him in each other! All in five minutes! (ha!)


So, Jesus -who is Truth, who is the Alpha and the Omega, who sees the beginning and the end... Jesus, who knows that we are going to mess up - and sometimes mess up big time... 
--He still calls us to step up and step out of the boat... 



He still sends us out to carry His message, His gospel good news to the broken and hurting... to the sick and dying - in body and soul.  


He knows that we, ourselves, are broken and hurting, sick and dying... and yet He trusts us, and entrusts with us, the message of how He is good!  

He could have just done a test drive with the disciples.  Sent them out two by two and saw the ways they screwed up and thought... you know what, these guys need me to stick around! We're gonna have to put off that whole crucifixion deal for a few more years. they are just not ready.

They sort of weren't... we sort of aren't... 
And yet...

He calls us to go... to take risks, knowing full well that some of them will not pan out --oh but it's for the ones that do... it's for the times that we actually do get to walk on the water... 

We are sent!

As Pastors (gah... did I just type that out loud?) - our hearts are to stir up your hearts, to stir up your giftings and passions and desires and send you out... trusting Jesus in you to lead and guide you along the way! We want you to go and do what He has purposed for you to do and we trust Him in you!

We called our new church Dad's House on purpose. We are not building a church as much as we want to be growing a family*! We want people to know our good, good Father and we want them to gather at His house... to be loved and be filled... and then go out and take the Kingdom into their every day lives and release all that God has placed within them!


We don't want to fill our church as much as we want His Kingdom to fill our city!  We can't do that unless we remember that Jesus lives in us... He partners with us and sends us out with all of our rough edges, quirky personalities and limited understanding... (Sometimes I think He sends us out because of those things!) 

Even when we don't feel ready - He equips us, uplifts us, and He trusts us enough to release us into this Kingdom work, side by side with His Spirit and His Bride.

I don't know about you, but I am oh so thankful for His Bride, for the people who poured in to me as a new Christian... who allowed me to be me, and didn't try to form me into anyone else... who saw things in me that I didn't see in myself, and who called them out and stirred them up and assured me that I was ready when I was more than convinced that I was not

I am thankful that being part of the family of God means that there are always people ahead of us, who can call us out and call us up... and there are always people 'younger' than us, who need the encouragement and reminders that we and Jesus trust in them!


{STOP}

One of the best compliments we have gotten since starting Dad's House is one that is repeated over and over and over... people say that when they first come to visit, they walk in the doors, and it feels like home! Yes and Amen!  

We ourselves went years looking for a home... so we understand the longing, the wandering, and the knowing when you step in to your Father's House and know that you belong!

We trust in Him, yes! 
But He also trusts in us...
   ...it's just that sometimes we forget!



Linking up with Kate Motaung and the #fmfparty Community today.  Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "TRUST"

The FMF lowdown: The gathering happens on Twitter on Thursday nights & then we write our hearts out & hit publish all over the interwebs on Thursday & Friday (& sometimes on Tuesdays!) It's where we encourage & uplift... where we share prayer requests & praise reports... where we talk food & friends & we find support & kindred hearts. It's where we are reminded that life is good & God is good & we're not alone... & then we all write for five minutes flat, a flash mob of wordsmiths letting our hearts & our fingers do the talking tapping & we hit publish before we can second guess it all away. 


We'd love to have you join us!


 Today is Day Nine of 31 Days of Truths We Know...! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

Remember, while I am still posting over the weekends in this series, the posts are short and simple... meant to encourage and uplift, without tying you to a screen! Praying you are able to enjoy some Sabbath rest!

20 comments :

  1. That will preach: "He knows that we, ourselves, are broken and hurting, sick and dying... and yet He trusts us, and entrusts with us, the message of how He is good!" I'm thankful that God trusts and entrusts His word to us too. I'm so thankful for the family of God too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. So true! What an amazing idea- he trusts us to further his kingdom. May we connect with him in such a way as to always continue the cause of Christ. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost unthinkable - how He has entrusted us, right? ;) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Karilee, you type fast! I got tears in my eyes reading the first part of your post. I love that God was not done with you yet on trusting Him. <3 I'm sharing this with my 15 year-old daughter who wants to go on a mission trip next summer. My husband and I are encouraging her to SEEK GOD about it ... right now she's all about having fun ... I think this will be helpful for her to think a little deeper about GOING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dianne - I am praying for your girlie! What an opportunity! I will pray that as she seeks God, she finds Him and He will guide her and stir up in her the gifts that He has placed within her! (And yes... I am a super fast typer... I am always amazed at how little typos fly out! Years of practice, I suppose! LOL!)

      Delete
  4. Trust has really been on my radar lately, too. And I am so jealous that you have hedge apple trees! I have paid a lot of $$ for those things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well - I personally don't have the hedge apple trees! They are at our arboretum - but I love them! So glad you knew what they were! I almost didn't use those photo's because I wasn't sure if people would be too distracted or even know what they are! (and yay - your comment came through!)

      Delete
  5. You can never write too much about trust. Love hearing your journey and living into your calling with Dads House!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Melanie! Trust and Truth... those topics never get old and even when we 'know' them... often, we really do need to be reminded! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. When thinking about God trusting us - I always think of Job. God trusted Job enough to give Satan permission to go after him. Doesn't that just blow your mind? Talk about "GAH".....xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the most accurate use of Gah that I have come across in awhile! ;) Nice... I have a love/hate relationship with the truth of your comment! LOL!

      Delete
  7. Yes yes yes!!! I am so humbled he puts trust in this frail heart but he can because he ha spiced me together and e is I me and I am in him and together we can trust!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is mind blowing that He trusts me. I didn't do anything to deserve that trust but accept Him. He empowers us through His spirit. I am just floored. Thanks for the great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems a little crazy, right? And oh so risky on His part! ;)

      Delete
  9. We've been talking about this in small group as we journey through Acts. Not only do we need to trust the Lord, but we also have to accept that He trusts us. I mean, He gifts us and calls us. He literally commands us to go out and do stuff. It's mind boggling. But then we have to take it a step father and trust each other. None of us can do all the jobs all the time. We need each other. And it all comes back to Jesus - trusting Him and loving Him enables us to go out and do the stuff and work together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when our shared brain is on the same wave length! xoxo ;)

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I felt a little bit like you when I saw the word trust, as it's something I feel like I've blogged on often. Mostly relating to parenting as that is where God has taught me so much in the area of trust. It is an amazing thought to know He trusts us with His message. That He calls us and enables us to do what He calls us to do. Have a lovely weekend...my oldest daughter got married in January and is now living in the PNW (we're in SC). I visited in May for the first time, and absolutely loved it. Such stunning natural beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been praying for SC... we loved it there and hope to get back one day soon... (preferrably in October, because --you know, Allume!) Thanks so much for stopping by! (And yes... we are blessed with stunning natural beauty out West here!)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive