October 5, 2015

31 Days of Truths We Know... Trust - DAY FIVE


 Today is Day FIVE of 31 Days of Truths We Know...! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

So we touched on this briefly yesterday, but here is our Truth for today...

We can CHOOSE to Trust...
even when we cannot see!

It's just that sometimes we forget!


This one is so hard, right?

I mean - for me... this is one that I forget time and time again because - gah! I like to see stuff! I like to think that I know how things are going to turn out and while I am a crazy faith girl, there are those curves around the bend that seem rocky and --well, less traveled, and I don't always trust Him along the road...

I don't always see or remember or feel that He is right there with me. Often times when the path takes an unexpected turn or climbs steep and my steps are shaky, I'm pretty easily convinced that He is, in fact, not right there with me!

I give in to the doubt and I begin to wonder if I went astray, if He abandoned me after all, or if He is sending me uncovered, alone and vulnerable... just to teach me a lesson.

I know in my head that this is not who He is.  I mostly know it in my heart too, but doubt and fear only need a tiny little opening and they just barge right on in and take over.

I forget that I have a choice in what my heart believes and what my thoughts recite over and over. I can CHOOSE to trust Him. I can choose to take Him at His Word, reminding my soul to praise Him anyway and to remember all the ways He has never let me down! 


Not once has He ever abandoned me or left me on my own.
Oh sure... there have been times that I have felt like that was true! But once clarity of thought returns, Scriptures come flooding in! 

Scriptures like:
"I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."  (Heb 13:5)
I love how that verse reads in the Amplified... especially when I am feeling forgetful:
“I will never [under any circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], nor will I forsake or let you down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!”
I love the 'assuredly not' part!

I remember Scriptures like:
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matt 28:19-20)  
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight." (Prov 3:5-6)  
"Trust in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light And your judgment as the noonday." (Ps 37:3-6)
And so many others, too!  

As I shift my attention and my hope towards the Truth, faith arises and the choice is oh so clear!  

I choose to trust, even when I cannot see... because the One who is Truth sees all... and He holds me close, and leads me on.  Even if the path I find myself on is not one that He ordained or desired for me (--hello pesky free-will!)... He is beside me nonetheless and He who makes beautiful things out of dust and makes all things new, --well, He is able to make my paths straight and He is able to set me on a road that leads me straight back to His heart.

He can be trusted, sweet readers.  Even --or maybe even especially-- when we cannot see Him.  When life comes at us hard, and knocks us off balance... lean in to Him!

Choose to trust Him...


Truth is a Person, and no matter what, you can rest assured that He is for you and in you and so completely, passionately in love with you!

...It's just that Sometimes We Forget!










P.S.  I'm linking up with these lovely writers:
The Community over at #SmallWonders 
Laura Boggess over at #ChasingTheBlueFlower
Holly Barrett for #TestimonyTuesday


KELLY BALARIE FOR #RARALINKUP

26 comments :

  1. Perfect words for my season in which I have many questions and the answers seem far away. Trusting along with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trusting, leaning in far enough to actually lose my balance! Trusting with you and for you Michele!

      Delete
  2. Oh friend all the yeses. It is so easy to think he's not there but he IS always there especially when we think he isn't. He does take broken things and makes them new. And yes he can make our paths straight. And friend, He is passionately in love with you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and amen! He can and He does, praise God! (and He is! Hallelujah!)

      Delete
  3. There are times I love to dig into some theological mysteries and I can get really passionate about that, but I love this series because none of that matters if we can't get a hold of the basics truths and promises of the word of God. Trusting what we cannot see? It's such a simple concept, but so difficult to really grasp. Thanks for touching on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So difficult indeed! So glad this resonates! (which means I am not the only one who forgets to trust...even when I know better!) ;)

      Delete
  4. We can CHOOSE to Trust...
    even when we cannot see!

    I love this. Particularly in my situation. Trust is really really hard for me, because of prior life circumstances, and I really feel like that's one of the reasons behind my loss of vision. It is SCARY to not be able to adequately see your environment and any possible threats to your safety and it is SAD to not be able to adequately see your environment and any possible joys (like your kids' faces) but it is
    WORTH IT to every day wake up and realize that I don't have to worry about all that because I have a Savior and serve a God who loves me and values me and takes care of me beyond anything I can imagine!!! I just love your post today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that scary trepidation of not feeling like you are seeing all that you need to be seeing - both in the physical realm as well as in the spiritual! So glad this post resonated, my friend! He really CAN be trusted with all things!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful my friend! I am glad you included the Amplified version of Hebrews too. There is something about these words- "nor will I forsake or let you down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!” that touch a place that needs to be reassured. Never will he relax His hold on us! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes... the Amplified really, well - amplifies it, doesn't it? ;) I love the 'assuredly not' part too! Love you, friend!

      Delete
  6. Yup, TRUST is a decision. Make the right one and you get peace; make the wrong one and get a mess. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (That'll preach, my friend! That'll preach!)

      Delete
  7. So many words and truths resonated with me. But the one that brought tears to my eyes is,"Truth is a Person, and no matter what ... He is ... passionately in love with you!" As someone still recovering from an unwanted and acrimonious divorce, I needed that today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susan, I am so very thankful that you stopped by today! Truth IS a Person and He is coming for you, my friend! Madly and passionately in love with you! Praying for you as He holds you close and releases healing, purpose, and true identity (back) into you... You are worthy and adored... cherished and highly valued - now and forever! May you feel the truth of His love surround you and fill you up!

      Delete
  8. Yes! He can be trusted! Beautiful true words of encouragement! Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Katharine! He really can be trusted!

      Delete
  9. Glad to see you ata #TestimonyTuesday. What a great idea for a 31 Days series! Yes, Truth is a person, and I'm choosing to trust Him today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when I struggle to believe the truth, it helps me to remember that Truth is a Person... it gives me a better/bigger perspective and reminds me that He can be trusted! Thanks so much for coming over for a visit Betsy!

      Delete
  10. I LOVE the amplified version of Heb 13:5! Thank you for sharing it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... you and me, both! (because, of COURSE we love the Amplified version... it just means MORE WORDS!) ;)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful Truths, Karrilee! We need to stay in His word so that the lies the enemy tells us are repelled rather than entertained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly true, June! Exactly true!

      Delete
  12. Visiting from #write31days. Great reminders in this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! We all need those reminders from time to time!

      Delete
  13. Also visiting from #write31days and blog www.scrapingraisins.blogspot.com. Loved the verses, especially since I have been spending more time writing these days than I have soaking in the promises of God. I loved being reminded that He never abandons us. Thank you for sharing your heart with the masses! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that just the best Good News? (That He never leaves us or forsakes us!) Thanks so much for stopping by Leslie! Blessings on your writing... and your soaking!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive