October 1, 2015

31 Days of Truths We Know... An Introduction, aka Why Are You So Bossy? DAY ONE


 Today is Day One of 31 Days of Truths We Know...! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!


Welcome to the first day of the 31 Days series, "31 Days of Truths We Know... It's just that Sometimes We Forget!"

This is the Introduction, also known as, "Why Are You So Bossy, God?"

I know... somewhat irreverent, maybe --but, honestly?  He is well aware of what is going on in my life right now and while it is not catastrophic or the end of the world, it is draining and stretching and I am already bending my knee and tearing out my heart and will so He can place His own inside me...

I just was hoping it would be --well, less work somehow! You know... how we like Him to just make it easy all of the some times! How it would be greaaat if we could just move along now and get on to whatever is next (and easier... and better would be nice, too! I'm just sayin'!)

So I was making lazy plans of reading about other peoples' journeys and taking a little breaky from writing about my own. But, as I said, God tends to get super bossy with me when my planner-heart color codes things ahead of time, without letting Him have a say.

He's pretty patient and not yelly at all... He just waits.

He waits for my heart to stop building walls and my mind to stop spinning and He waits for a moment of silence where my will is weak and my memory is spotty, at best... and then He just swoops right in to save the day. 

You know, like Mighty Mouse.

Only way, way better, obviously!



(Whisper Font: I feel a disclaimor may be necessary.
This is the first & possibly last meme
in this series!  It'll be fine.)

He lovingly reminds me of Truth and sings over me love songs that push away all doubt. He assures me that even though I so often forget things... He never, ever does!

Then He usually leads me to a Scripture or stirs up a testimony or brings a friend across my path that points me back to Grace, Forgiveness, and Love.

It brings me back to how Grace is for all of us... forgiveness is ours for the taking --and giving!--, and how Love always wins.  It brings me back to how the Word says,
"The nearness of God is my good."

I love how The Message says this verse:
But I’m in the very presence of God—
    oh, how refreshing it is!
I’ve made Lord God my home.
    God, I’m telling the world what you do!

So that's the deal, sweet reader! I'm planning on immersing myself in the 'very presence of God' - making Him my home, and while I am there, I'm going to let Him remind me of some Truths that I keep forgetting... or Truths that I want to tweak a bit to suit me better... or Truths that I only want to be true for me... maybe you, but maybe not so much for 'them' --whoever 'they' are, anyway.

I'm going to remind my soul that the nearness of God is my good, and in the process, I hope to remind your soul of the same thing!

Normally I would give you a little run down of how this thing will go, but as you may have guessed --He's bossy AND a little quiet so far! I can assure you that I will try to keep my posts on the shorter side, and the weekend posts will be simple. A song or a verse. I mean - we all have lives, right?

We want to learn and know and live our Truth out loud, which means we can't be tied to this screen all month and just read about it... we need to fill up and then go pour out!


Join me, won't you? We will lean in to His nearness and let Him remind us together!  We will fill up on Truth, and purpose all the more to:

20 comments :

  1. Glad you are participating this year, and I am looking forward to seeing where God leads you this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha... me too, my friend! Me, too!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, I LOVE this topic. Truths we know, but forget. This is going to be so good. I am glad you got everything worked out with the site. Talk about rough timing. I've been there! I pray blessing over you and all those participating this month. #31daycheerleader :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes - because the enemy may be crafty - but he's not so creative! Many of us had blog issues yesterday and today! Thanks for the prayers and support! It means so much!

      Delete
  3. The colors and design of your blog are outstanding! Love the truths you shared! Love the reminder to fill up and go out and pour out. That is really profound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! The reason we get to get filled up is so we can pour out... that is the Kingdom cycle, right? Thanks for stopping by! (I can't take credit for my blog design - although I too love it! Traci Little Stanton designed it for me! She does amazing work!

      Delete
  4. I love you so much friend! And THIS LINE actually brought tears to my eyes this morning: "Then He usually leads me to a Scripture or stirs up a testimony or brings a friend across my path that points me back to Grace, Forgiveness, and Love." That is a TRUTH that I know for sure. Only God can orchestrate that! :) And can I just say that I love that you included Mighty Mouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... I wondered if anyone was going to mention Mighty Mouse! LOL! Seriously - I thought I was hilarious last night... this morning? Still funny... but maybe not as much! ;)

      Delete
  5. Truths that I want to tweak to suit my own purpose. That rings true. I can't wait to walk this 31 days with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I think we all do that from time to time! So thankful that you are walking this journey with me, friend!

      Delete
  6. Yup, this: I'm going to let Him remind me of some Truths that I keep forgetting... or Truths that I want to tweak a bit to suit me better... or Truths that I only want to be true for me... maybe you, but maybe not so much for 'them' --whoever 'they' are, anyway. Looking forward................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! I can't wait to see what He has me say! ;)

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to following your truths as He reveals them to you for each day! This will be an intense month of writing and reading and connecting and encouraging...but, it's because of all that last year that I am here this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, my friend! The rewards are rich and go far beyond simply finishing the work... it is the community that continues on that is the biggest blessing!

      Delete
  8. Truths we know, but forget! Love it. Happens to me all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good... it's nice to know I am not alone! Thanks so much for stopping by and reading along!

      Delete
  9. Sometimes I think we share the same brain. God is just so bossy, isn't He? Sometimes I get mad about that. And then He shows me that it's always, always for my good. Blessings on this journey, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS... right? It IS always for our good... and sometimes I remember that early on and it just goes so much better... but there are those other times... I kick and stomp and throw a fit... but we all know I will give in and do what He says... thanks for popping over! Praying you are feeling better, friend!

      Delete
  10. Fill up and then go pour out - you're so right, Karrilee! I love what you've done with your site, btw - the blue and brown is super cute! Good to see you again, and Yes, God is super bossy AND super quiet - how does he do that?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's amazing... and unsettling... but it's always with our best in mind! Thanks so much for stopping by, Ruthie!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive