October 3, 2015

31 Days of Truths We Know... DAY THREE

Welcome to Saturday, my friends!  

If you are a regular reader here, you have probably gotten used to the Weekend Gathering of Awesome known lovingly as That Thing I Do Now where I compile blog posts from around the interwebs for your reading pleasure. That weekly edition takes a bit of a sabbatical during the month of October, but I promise I will get right back to it next month!


For this month, Saturdays and Sundays will bring you lighter posts... a Scripture or quote, maybe a song or simply a photograph that inspires and gives a bit of rest. After all, it is Sabbath, and the weekend y'all, and one of the biggest Truths that He has taught me that we all can tend to forget is this:

We forget about the importance of rest!  

So for October, while I will be posting over the weekends... there will be no heavy burdens, or even lots of words. Just a little something to keep us going and to encourage us along the way!

So today, our first Saturday together, I thought I would ask you a question:
What are some things that are true, that you sometimes forget?

I'd love to hear in the comments below!
Come on, friends... let me know I am not alone here!

I'll go first! 


One Truth that I sometimes forget is that the Gospel is simple
We tend to make it hard... but in reality, it's pretty amazingly simple:
Love God.  Love People.

I know, right? I mean sure - there is more to it and we could draw dividing lines but really, what it comes down to - (even Jesus said so!) is this: Love God. Love People.

I said it was simple --not easy! 
But boy do we complicate it and make it hard!

Now it's your turn! Share in the comments below a Truth that you know, but sometimes forget! 

I feel like this is the best place to tell you that there will be a giveaway or two on the blog this month. Although not so much today... but you can look for that fun to come, and in the meantime, jump right in to the conversation!


 Today is Day Three of 31 Days of Truths We Know...! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

14 comments :

  1. Love God! Lov people! It really is that simple. One Truth I forget is that God always hears my prayers and is always working behind the scenes--His timing not my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... I know that one well, too! ;) So thankful we have each other to remind us of the truths that we forget!

      Delete
  2. I sometimes forget that I am made in God's image. It can be more natural to carry around my 'depravity'....that I forget I also have dignity. That I reveal God's character in a unique way.
    Happy Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and Amen, Melanie! We are all made - with His DNA in us... and He created us each, individually, on purpose, with purpose, for a purpose! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

      Delete
  3. I forget that there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1). The Enemy loves to slap me with fear and torment. Every time I get to that place of thinking that the Lord is going to dump a ton of bricks on me, He is so good and faithful to remind me that that's not His business at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear and torment... they are so pesky and persistent, right? They are also liars and come from the father of lies... I'm so thankful that our God is a good, good father... He has no desire to 'dump a ton of bricks' on you or anyone... His heart is FOR us, not against us, Love you, friend! Praying you are feeling better... rested... stronger!

      Delete
  4. I sometimes (more often than I want to admit) that not only did He save me but He has also set me free. He has given me all I need to live in freedom but I allow Satan and the world to weigh me down with the chains of my past and with expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How quickly our flesh... or 'dead man' can trick us with some muscle memory and make us think we are still in bondage, yes? It's for freedom that we've been set free - but yes, so often, we forget! (In other words... oh my friend - Me, too!) xoxo

      Delete
  5. The more He prunes, the better the fruit. And, boy am I getting time under the pruning shears on this 31 day journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it so easy to forget that in the midst of the pruning? ;)

      Delete
  6. I read someone else's post this morning about Elisabeth Elliott who said, "Thy list be done, Lord" ;). Boy, did that tone ever hit home! It's easy to say "Thy will be done" because 'will' is elusive and easy to give up. But a list?! That's hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that post too! So good!

      Delete
  7. Sometimes I forget that I don't have to DO, I just have to ACCEPT and God will take care of everything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... I forget that we are BEINGS not DOINGS too! Good one!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive