October 11, 2015

31 Days of Truths We Know... City of Hope - DAY ELEVEN


 Today is Day Eleven of 31 Days of Truths We Know...! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

Happy Sunday!

Please know that I am praying for you today. Yes, you

I am featuring another video/song off of Amanda Cook's newest CD, Brave New World.  This CD tells a story, and I am finding it is a story that is close to my heart and it's fitting in oh so well with this series, because - well, because I guess we all forget from time to time!

When I first heard the lyrics to this song, well - I felt all the feels and hit repeat a time or two (or ten... it's fine! You can do the same!)

Enjoy:

"Once we were a barren land
Dry from disappointment
But Heaven, like a heavy rain
Revealed Your heart for us

Now we're dusting off our instruments
In You we've found our will to live
What was once a wilderness
Is teeming with new life

You are mending the broken-hearted
You are making all things new
You're rebuilding out of the ruins
A city of hope with the ones You love

Adoption is our heritage
Chosen from the orphanage
The Father's great inheritance
Bestowed upon us all

You are mending the broken-hearted
You are making all things new
You're rebuilding out of the ruins
A city of hope with the ones You love..."

City of Hope by Amanda Cook, Brave New World                                          

He really IS mending the broken-hearted and making all things new! He's rebuilding, out of the ruins, a city of hope with the ones He loves... 

That is me, and that is you...
It's just that sometimes we forget!


8 comments :

  1. What a beautiful song. Thank you for sharing it, fellow 31 dayer. Happy Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it Julie!

      Delete
  2. Yes THIS: "He really IS mending the broken-hearted and making all things new! He's rebuilding, out of the ruins, a city of hope with the ones He loves... That is me, and that is you...It's just that sometimes we forget!" Gorgeous song. I may have hit repeat a few times. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you did! (and check back because, well --I can't quit this CD!)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. Also, thank you for putting in the words, as often times I'm reading blogs while my husband is watching football and he would not appreciate the "sound" distraction. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I will try to remember that about the lyrics! ;) Still - I hope you were able to listen to the song because - oh my! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful focus! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive