October 26, 2015

31 Days of Truths... The Power of Prayer (for me!) - DAY TWENTY SIX

Can you even believe that this is our last week together, digging in to some of the Truths that we know, it's just that sometimes we forget?

I know we are just scratching the surface, but I truly believe that these truths we have (re)visited are vital to our growth and understanding of who He is and who we are and it's when we remember that these are true that we more fully release the Kingdom of God around us!

Here is todays' Truth:


The Power of Prayer
effective and active
in partnering with God
in pulling down a bit
of heaven to earth.

It's just that Sometimes We Forget...

I have to say how extremely thankful I am in how I was saved into a community who fully believed in and relied on the power of prayer.  

I was born-again into a group of, as Sarah Bessey lovingly calls us, Happy-Clappy Christians and we learned to pray about everything.

I mean, every. little. thing.


So as a young believer, I learned both by example and by practice about the power of prayer.

There wasn't a need that came up that I didn't take immediately to the Father.  Sometimes simply under my breath, but sometimes boldly out loud.

I learned to pray specific prayers because when they are answered, there is no denying how God is actively at work on our behalves! 

I learned to write my prayers in journals and whisper-pray them in the dark of night... I learned to activate my prayer language and to remind God of His Word in those early morning hours.  I learned crazy faith and risky declarations and the most important thing that I learned about prayer is this:  
It is not my
reputation at stake,
it's His... and He can take it!

He can take the pressure and the risk of not being understood or answering the prayer in the way we want --or think we want anyway!

Tomorrow, we'll talk more about the Power of Prayer for others (aka Intercession) but today I want to talk about praying for ourselves. 

I think I take for granted my ongoing conversation/prayer with Jesus throughout my day.  I learned early on how to 'pray without ceasing'... and I have also learned how to not do all the talking, right?  I have learned how to come to God in prayer with a plethora of words, yes - but also in silence, in waiting, in faith... and expect Him to answer me however He will... but I trust and know that He always will.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I find it easier to lift others up in prayer.  I can handle the headache or sore knees... the sniffles or hectic day ahead of me... I am way more willing to bow my head and heart in prayer and lift up others' needs. I have faith for them and it is my honor to pray (says the intercessor!)  It truly is.  

But I believe God desires to take care of us as we take care of others! (Can I get an Amen from all the worn out and weary Mama's?)  I believe that He wants to hear us tell Him that we need Him... Us, ourselves... WE need Him!  

Sure, maybe we can handle the little aches and pains, the stress of daily life or chaos of the pressures around us... maybe we can --but I don't think He wants us to!

No, He has already paid the price... He has given us everything we need pertaining to life and godliness... His answers are Yes and Amen and His Promises are true...

I don't know about you, but I want Jesus to get everything He paid for! I want to see the Red Parts of the Bible lived out in the here and now... I believe that is our call... that 'normal' Christianity includes healing the sick and raising the dead and living a life of victory and walking close to Jesus. I believe so often we have not because we ask not and because I want all that Jesus wants for me, I have learned to pray some crazy faith prayers... and sometimes the answers come quickly, while other times the answer is not so clear. But whether the answer is an obvious yes, a wait and see, or an apparent no (not yet)... I do not doubt that when I begin speaking in prayer, He is already listening... waiting to release the answer. He is already praying, for He daily makes intercession for us... with us, if we are willing!

I believe whole-heartedly in the power of prayer... I believe the scripture when it says that the prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with.

It is... I am... and yet, how often am I willing to pray for someone else but just push through my own unspoken requests, handling it on my own?

Whatever the request... whatever your need, bring it to the Father. For it is His good pleasure to will and to work things out for you! We know in Romans chapter 8, it says:
We are confident that God is able to orchestrate everything to work toward something good and beautiful when we love Him and accept His invitation to live according to His plan.”  

He knows of your need before you say it... but oh how He loves to hear you speak! So I encourage you to pray! For others, of course... but do not forget to pray for yourself, too! Sure, you can maybe handle whatever is on your plate today --but the Good News is that you don't have to!




He is more than willing and able! He partners with us in prayer, and He loves to hear our hearts...

        ...It's just that sometimes we forget!








 Today is Day Twenty Six of 31 Days of Truths We Know...! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

Click to Tweet:

"Whatever the request, whatever your need, bring it to the Father for it's His good pleasure to will & work things out for you" @KarrileeA 

He's more than willing & able! He partners with us in prayer & He loves to hear our hearts. It's just that sometimes we forget! @KarrileeA 

P.S.  I'm linking up with these lovely writers:
The Community over at #SmallWonders 

Laura Boggess over at #ChasingTheBlueFlower











Tomorrow, we will talk about Intercessory Prayer... which is praying for others!

26 comments :

  1. Karrilee, I LOVE this post! Such Truth here...one of the greatest benefits of praying without ceasing, like breathing in and breathing out, is that we experience His Peace in such a tangible way when we pray. Many blessings to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thanks so much, Beth! Blessings right back to you and yours, my friend!

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful reminder of how much the Lord wants to do in and through us to bring us hope. In our most hopeless place, we can always choose hope. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and Amen! Hope abounds! Thanks so much for stopping by, Karen!

      Delete
  3. I so agree with you Karilee! A partnership with the Almighty. Does it get any better than that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a joy and an honor, right? To partner with Him! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Okay, I love your BLOG! The colors, the fonts you've chosen, but most of all I love the love of God that drips like honey in the words you write. What a blessing, sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello there, my new friend! What a sweet comment! You are, of course, welcome here ANY time!

      Delete
  5. I rarely pray for myself - but you've reminded me that I need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's that whole being an intercessor thing... we pray for OTHER people... ;) We'll talk about that one tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. He is truly able, Karrilee, to do far more than we can know this side of Heaven, I loved your words above about "pulling down a bit a of heaven..." as a special picture comes to my mind to treasure the ways of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that visual as well! So happy you stopped by today, my friend!

      Delete
  7. You're so right... It is so easy to pray for others but I'm so guilty of forgetting to pray for myself. I needed this reminder friend. Loved this post friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I think we all tend to pray mmore easily for others... glad to know I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  8. Yes! It is so beautiful to be touching heaven, changing earth! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Touching Heaven, Changing Earth!

      Delete
  9. I know! I know! I know! ---but, oh, how I need to hear this over and over - and just right today! Thank you Karrilee for sharing this just when I needed to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know right? I forget so often! Happy to have you stop on by, my friend!

      Delete
  10. There are many things we receive when we pray to God whether for ourselves or lifting others up. And, it IS true that we "sometimes forget". Thank you for sharing your words Karrilee! This "journey" may be almost over, but the power of prayer certainly is NOT; and your words will go on as we (I) come back and read more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I can't believe the month is almost up already! (Ha? Who said that?) Tomorrow we will talk about praying for others! Glad to hear you will be joining me for more Truths!

      Delete
  11. Prayer is power - whether for ourselves or other. I'm so thankful for a God that listens to ME. Today, I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't that just blow your mind? That He listens to us... and partners with us in prayer! Amazing!

      Delete
  12. Amen! I feel selfish asking for prayer for myself but you make a good point. God wants to hear that we need Him. We bless Him when we come to Him in our weakness and vulnerability. It doesn't seem like it should make any sense, but it does! Thank you for words that teach and are filled with truth today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Mary! I think that the enemy uses that 'guilt' on us to keep us secluded and not bathed in prayer! I am with you - I easily offer prayer all the time, but thinking of asking for prayer does not come as easily! Tommorrow we will be talkking about praying for others! I hope you'll stop on by again!

      Delete
  13. I love happy clappy Christians! :D Thank you for the reminder of the power of prayer. I absolutely love the part about "It's not my reputation at stake, it's his..." AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Me, too! I can't remember the release date for Sarah Bessey's newest book - but I think it is soon! I got an advanced copy and if you love Happy Clappy Christians, well--you just may have to get your heart and hands on this book! It's called Out of Sorts and I am nearing the end where I read S-L-O-W-E-R because I don't want it to be over yet! ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive