October 23, 2015

31 Days of Truths... More on Joy -a Five Minute Friday post (DAY TWENTY THREE)

I missed out on the Twitter party last night because... well --as strange as it may sound-- because of Thursday night football, you guys! (#GoHawks!)  We had planned for a house full of football fans. But one by one, people had to back out and it ended up just being myself, my Honey, and our Girlie... which is never ever a let down. 

And then I got up this morning and I see that Kate is doing it to me again... "You're killin' me, smalls!" I already wrote about Joy this week.  Like, two days ago... you can read it HERE! I actually considered linking it in the "Go" part and calling it good! The fastest Five Minute Friday post known to man, but then that felt a little like cheating, and one can never really talk about Joy too much, right? So here we go...

This is Five Minute Friday (- a five minute timed free write) and our One Word Prompt for the day is: JOY


{GO}

As an artist... I see colors and colors mean something.  Joy is represented in Oranges and Yellows, because -of course, right? (and so perfect for Fall!)



As a flagger... (yes, I said flagger - as in Happy-Clappy, wave-a-flag-in-worship, kind of person...) Pink is the flag that represents Joy. When I feel like I am lacking joy -or at least feel as if it is needed in the atmosphere, my fuchsia flag is the go-to grab and I wave it in the air and stir up the fruit that we have been given!

I love that it is not the fruits of the Spirit... but it is the fruit of the Spirit. We can not pick and choose from Galatians 5. 

No. We get the full meal deal!

Love, Joy, Peace... you know the list! 

I love that Joy is right after love.  How can one not be joyful --joy-filled-- after encountering the love of the Father... after being filled with the love of the Spirit?  

We talked the other day about how Joy is a choice... how we get to choose it! We talked about how it is different than happiness.

Sometimes Joy manifests itself on the outside, through sparkling eyes and belly laughs and wide open smiles (those are my favorites!) ...but sometimes Joy is quieter, calmer. 

Always, it comes from within, deep down where the fruit of the Spirit has taken root and is continually reaping a harvest.



The more we let the Spirit rule over our flesh, the more nutritious and satisfying the fruit is in our lives.  It's that reminder to taste and see that the Lord is good.

And oh, how He is good!

His Joy is our strength and I promise you --whether you are in a great season full of outward joy, or a hard season filled with trials and obstacles and the enemy trying to steal your peace... Joy is yours, for the taking receiving

It is His Joy and it's in you already! 

...and oh my goodness how He wants to fill you up to overflowing so you will spill out wherever you go!
"Those whom the Eternal One has recalled from a punishing exile, they will go along so easily. They will walk this path, Come waltzing to Zion, singing their way to that place of right relation to God.
An aura of joy never-ending will attend them; they will clasp gladness and joy to their hearts, While sadness and despair evaporate into thin air." 
~ Isaiah 35:10 The Voice
Clasp gladness and joy to your hearts, my friends!


{STOP}

So, I am mostly a closet flagger. I have flags. I worship with them, but mostly at home because I don't enjoy drawing attention to myself. However I can sense and see the shift that worshipping with flags can bring, so I am learning to step out when necessary in order to release the Kingdom in corporate settings as well. I know not everyone is comfortable with that style of worship. I remember years ago, someone was explaining why they incorporated flags in their worship service and they said simply, "When the King is home, the Flags are Waving at the Castle."  That was enough for me. 

Wherever I go, the King is home -in me.  

And because of that, wherever I go, I am a Joy-bringer as well! It is part of my call.  

Often times when I grab a flag to worship, it is because I am seeing that 'aura of joy never-ending' (or, as other translations put it, 'everlasting joy upon their heads') but it needs to be stirred up... we all need to be reminded that it is even there sometimes!

The Fruit of the Spirit is yours for the receiving! Eat of it and let Joy nourish and fill you up so that you too will be a Joy-bringer wherever you go! 

For that is your call too, my friend... 

We are all called to be Kingdom people and to release the Kingdom and one of the best things about this King of ours is how His Joy is contagious and it is our strength and it is in us, available to us, always!

   ...it's just that Sometimes We Forget!




Linking up with Kate Motaung and the #fmfparty Community today.  Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "JOY"

The FMF lowdown: The gathering happens on Twitter on Thursday nights & then we write our hearts out & hit publish all over the interwebs on Thursday & Friday (& sometimes on Tuesdays!) It's where we encourage & uplift... where we share prayer requests & praise reports... where we talk food & friends & we find support & kindred hearts. It's where we are reminded that life is good & God is good & we're not alone... & then we all write for five minutes flat, a flash mob of wordsmiths letting our hearts & our fingers do the talking tapping & we hit publish before we can second guess it all away. 


We'd love to have you join us!



 Today is Day Twenty Three of 31 Days of Truths We Know...! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

I hope you check in over the weekend with me... we keep it light and release Rest and Reminders on Sabbath, and on Sunday... well, let me just say - you're gonna want to stop on by!

10 comments :

  1. I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart!!!! Not participating in FMF until November 6th. I do miss it though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it hasn't been easy! Especially when Kate keeps picking prommpts that I already wrote about! ;)

      Delete
  2. ah....that was just a fun post to read. :) enjoyed it immensely. :)

    I am a FMF neighbour. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annette! I am so glad that you stopped by (and enjoyed your visit here!) You are welcome any time!

      Delete
  3. I missed the party last night too friend. So much THIS: "We are all called to be Kingdom people and to release the Kingdom and one of the best things about this King of ours is how His Joy is contagious and it is our strength and it is in us, available to us, always!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes - Kindred, Kingdom people... that is us, my friend!

      Delete
  4. Visiting from FMF- this is a great post. I liked your comment about the fruit of the Spirit and getting the full meal deal! Your explanation about using flags in worship is really helpful too- it's something I've seen occasionally but that helps me to understand it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carly - I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  5. Karrilee... I'm done with chores for the day... and SO GLAD I GOT YOUR POST in the 5-4-5. I loved this topic. You nailed it too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm so glad you were able to get all your bossy lists done and made time to come sit awhile with me here!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive