October 30, 2015

31 Days of Truths... BACON (yes, Bacon!... a Five Minute Friday post) DAY THIRTY

I hit the wall today. As in, slammed it... head on. I seem to have lost my rhythm and all of most of my words.  I was (somewhat) breezing right along in this series and here we are with only two days left and I am Tired, y'all.  So - tried to write all morning and finally stepped away from the computer.  I read a little, napped a little, indulged in a little chocolate... then I stirred myself up enough to show up for the #fmfparty over on Twitter because, my tribe gets me and I knew they would understand.  'They' went and voted for a word prompt earlier and it turns out the #1 voted for word was... well... Let's just say this will be a stretch, my friends! Oh and this: I am loopy, so there ya go!

This is Five Minute Friday (- a five minute timed free write) and our One Word Prompt for the day is: BACON (Yes... Bacon!?)


{GO}

Really? Bacon?  Well - we know the Truth about Bacon...it's just that we would all rather forget, right? And not just sometimes... but all of the times!

All of the breakfasty times, all of the brunch times, and all of the lunch and dinner times, too!

I mean sure - it's delicious. Most would agree on that truth... but even before the medical research and recent 'findings' about Bacon, we all know it's not good for us!

We can try to act like it's something different. 
Dress it up and call it salad by another name... 



But we all know that Bacon is not good for us.
Or are we talking about "Bacon"?

Bacon (and "Bacon") = not good for us. 

It may seem like a good idea, but once you give in to the urge for bacon, you know what follows?



More urge for more bacon!

You can't stop.
(#YouWontStop  #SorryNotSorry  #OhNoIveStartedWithTheHashtags?!)

"Bacon": Something 'delicious' that you know is not a healthy choice but you choose it anyway.

Bacon, unless you really do have some super power self-discipline and are able to limit the amount of bacon you partake of, --in the end, it's dangerous, my friends!

"Bacon" is flirty and savory and will lure you around empty alleyways and slow dance with you in the dark. Bacon makes promises and smells delicious and calls you up at all hours of the night.

Bacon is everywhere and everyone loves him... he can't be tied down because everyone wants a piece of him (or twelve!)

Bacon seems to compliment anything... Bacon makes everything better --or so that is what he tells you. 
Bacon always talks in third person.

But the truth is, bacon (read: any temptation that lures you away from what you know is good for you) lies... 

It tastes great for a moment, but the nutritional value is small and the trade off will cost you more than you think!

Sometimes, it's better to go without than to tempt fate and let Bacon have his way with you!  Besides, the truth is that Bacon is greasy and messy and he leaves a mark.  Bacon will break your heart --as in, for real. 

Sometimes we think just a little bacon (or fill in the blank with your own weakness) won't hurt...

But the truth is we know better
  ...It's just that Sometimes We('d like to) Forget!


{STOP}

You guys... all I can say right now is #YoureWelcome... 

Oh and this: If this series gets turned in to an Ebook, this post will not be in it! 




Linking up with Kate Motaung and the #fmfparty Community today.  Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "BACON"

The FMF lowdown: The gathering happens on Twitter on Thursday nights & then we write our hearts out & hit publish all over the interwebs on Thursday & Friday (& sometimes on Tuesdays!) It's where we encourage & uplift... where we share prayer requests & praise reports... where we talk food & friends & we find support & kindred hearts. It's where we are reminded that life is good & God is good & we're not alone... & then we all write for five minutes flat, a flash mob of wordsmiths letting our hearts & our fingers do the talking tapping & we hit publish before we can second guess it all away. 


We'd love to have you join us!

Can y'all even believe that tomorrow is our LAST day of this Series? I'm feeling both all the happy feels and even all some of the sad feels, too! 


 Today is Day Thirty of 31 Days of Truths We Know...! If you missed the kick-off and official 'Home page' for this series, you can go HERE and catch up! You will find links for each days' postings, added daily throughout the month. If you'd prefer to have them delivered right to you, I invite you to enter your email address to the right ('Subscribe Here') and subscribe to the blog. That way, once a week, each post is delivered to your inbox in a single email over the weekend and you'll be sure not to miss a thing!

Come back tomorrow... I can almost guarantee you that we will not talk about bacon at all!

25 comments :

  1. I love you post on bacon! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thanks! I wrote it last night and oh my goodness, it's a good thing I scheduled it to post while I was still sleeping! Otherwise, I may have reconsidered posting it!

      Delete
  2. Excellent take on the prompt today! Love: Bacon always talks in third person. ♥ Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Karrilee is so glad Nannette caught that! Bacon is too! ;)

      Delete
  3. I think we are all a little loopy 30 days in. This post made me smile and laugh. But so true too, we do know better. We give in too often to our own weaknesses. I am parked in the #2 spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, sistah! I am glad you were able to laugh at me... er... with me! Laugh with me! ;)

      Delete
  4. Ha! I know how you feel, I've kind of hit a wall these last few days, too! But why not write about bacon?;-) Have you seen all the articles recently about how bacon is bad for you--as if we didn't already know that! It's my son's favorite food, so he would have appreciated this as well (he's 3). One more day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not write about bacon? That is what I decided last night! LOL! Amen and Hallelujah for One. More. Day!

      Delete
  5. Life is fatal anyway. Eat bacon, enjoy cigars, drink wine.Partyhard, because the rugby player's dream of a good party is just a hint of the revelry of Heaven.

    Footprint on the ceiling, horses in the ballroom, and riding a motorcycle up the grand staircase.

    Put away the breakables, God, for I am coming.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2015/10/your-dying-spouse-76-heart-like-bacon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yes... from your perspective, Brother... eat bacon... enjoy those cigars, drink wine... count every day a gift... I love (and hate, because - you know... we are selfish people on this side of eternity!) the visual of you coming to Heaven and God bracing Himself for your embrace!

      Delete
  6. Good for you, Karrillee!! You wrote what others may be skirting around!! I know I love bacon, and said so on my post...BLT's, grilled bacon and cheese, even a good ole bacon cheeseburger!! And, yes, I DO know that all of these are NOT GOOD for me...I took a "comical" turn with my post and just included all of the 'free writes' words...and, that word - BACON - was NOT one of mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes... well - as I said - it was late and a full day of not finding words so it is what it is, right? (Mostly - it is finished... so that is a win!) One. More. Day. my friend! It's gonna be a great one!

      Delete
  7. I think it's incredibly creative writing on such a crazy topic. You went deep and NAILED IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well it is a glimpse into a bit of crazy... and you know me... how could I not go deep? Even with 'bacon'!? ;)

      Delete
  8. Let's hear it for "Bacon"!!! You somehow made this post work. Moral - don't get sucked in by the bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on the word "bacon"- so funny but making a great point too. I groaned a bit when I heard the prompt but it's interesting to see what everyone has done with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly was feeling so fuzzy... I am glad that it translated to be both funny - and making a great point! That is what I was going for! I need to make some time this weekend to go and read more of the linked up posts! I can only imagine how creative they are!

      Delete
  10. You painted such a vivid word picture that I almost longed to try sin, um, I mean bacon! Me, a life-long vegetarian! I love how bacon is male (since so many writers equate sin with females ๐Ÿ˜œ-can you tell I've been reading Proverbs?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! LOL! Sorry! ;) Yeah... I think sin is an equal opportunity gender, right?

      Delete
  11. I love this! I think you should put it in the book. Talk about truths we know. Here's one for the book(s): Bacon lies! You write fabulously! My kind of girl. Talk about one thing when you're really talking about something else and we think we know what you're talking about, and then we realize we don't, and then we do! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you stopped by! You are, of course, welcome any time!

      Delete
  12. Hysterical! If I took out the word 'bacon' every time you said it and put in 'dark chocolate' it would be so much more convicting. Thank goodness I didn't. ��

    Lynette
    (parked at #71 this week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well thank GOODNESS you didnt then! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by, Lynette!

      Delete
  13. Haha!! I had the same thought: "If this series ever becomes a book, I don't think I can include THIS post!" It felt like SUCH a stretch. Way to go, though! You related it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive