September 30, 2015

31 Days of Truths We Know... It's Just That Sometimes We Forget!



It's no secret... I am a fan of Fall and for me, October is IT! Along with All. The. Autumn. Things (and everything Pumpkin-Spiced!), the month of October brings with it the annual #Write31Days challenge.  This is the fourth year that I have jumped in and played, although as I said last year by about mid-October it no longer feels like playing, per say. This year, September hit us hard and to be honest, I was hoping to just sit this year out.  Maybe find a few series to follow along with and just read and, well, NOT write... but you know how it goes! 

He's bossy... and for me, I tend to process as I write, so we will embark on this journey together, you and I, and we will just see what it is that God wants us to remember!

The Challenge goes out to bloggers everywhere, and the idea is to pick ONE TOPIC and write about that one thing, - Every. Single. Day. - for 31 days (aka October).

My first attempt at this challenge was back in 2012, when I was answering the call to write in this space consistently! And what is more consistent than writing Every. Single. Day. ... you can read that series at your leisure HERE (31 Reasons to Fall for Autumn).

In 2013, I wrote 31 Days of Encountering God, both in ways that I do and that you can!  You can read that series HERE...

Last year, after a long Summer of Silence, God led me to write 31 Days of Resting in Him and oh my goodness, I learned so much as I processed out loud/online all that He was speaking to my heart on Sabbath and slowing down! You can read that series HERE.

This year? Well, as I said --I was hoping to sit it out.  As I felt Him pushing me to commit, I asked Him what I even had to say right now. He highlighted a phrase that I have been saying for about a month or more... I say it out loud and I tap it out on screens and I mean it with all of my heart and it's true.  I thought maybe if it is true for me, well --then maybe it is true for you too!


I found myself saying that over and over... 
"It's just that sometimes I/we forget."  
We all know Truths that remain true, even when the storms hit and the waves swell and, well - they feel anything but true! 

We get swept up in the chaos and the crashing and we just need to be reminded that, no matter what it looks like or how it feels at the moment, truly, our anchor holds!

So check back as the month unfolds and we will visit some of the Truths that we know... but sometimes we forget! We will lean in and let go, together... reminding each other that Truth is a Person - and whatever is coming at us, well--it has to get through Him first!

Starting tomorrow, October 1st,
I will add links for Each Day below!

DAY ONE: An Introduction, aka Why Are You So Bossy?

And finally:





P.S.  I'm linking up with these lovely writers:
JENNIFER DUKES LEE FOR #TELLHISSTORY


















HOLLEY GERTH FOR #COFFEEFORYOURHEART

8 comments :

  1. Love you friend! Saying it with you "It's just that sometimes I/we forget!" Oh so true friend! Excited to journey along with you during these 31 days of October. THIS: "We get swept up in the chaos and the crashing and we just need to be reminded that, no matter what it looks like or how it feels at the moment, truly, our anchor holds!" Blessed to be your neighbor at Coffee for your Heart this morning which made me picture us sitting and having coffee together. SOMEDAY WE WILL....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and Amen and Let it be so, Lord!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to this, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! Me, too! ...well, you know... mostly! ;)

      Delete
  3. I have participated in the April A to Z Blogging challenge for the past few years, it's a great way to meet people and discipline yourself to write every day. I don't know about this one, since I am just discovering it the night before. But at least I can read your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds very similar... I have heard of it but don't know who hosts it or anything specific! Maybe by April I will have recovered from October? ;) Thanks so much for stopping by and reading along!

      Delete
  4. I going to be following, thank you for your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are joining me, Linda! Praying we both remember to cling to the Truths we know!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive