January 8, 2015

WELCOME - a Five Minute Friday post

A brand New Year... a fresh start... a clean slate... It's wonderful and yet exhausting, right? 

I was so ready for my Five Minute Friday community tonight... some chatting and catching up, some laughing, foodie talking, prayer requesting, Gilmore Girls quoting, Encouragement Super Powers on display over on 'the Twitter' as they say... (and then I was off to the gym to workout before my scheduled melt down aka watching Parenthood as it nears it's big finale!) Join in as we all gather in a crazy fun flash mob of sorts and write for five minutes flat on a one word prompt... 

After three weeks off, here is our Word Prompt to start off the New Year: WELCOME

{GO}


Welcome...

   Welcomed... 

Just the word alone exhales Home to me!

Welcome... This is the cry of my heart and at the heart of all that I do!  My desire, my call in life, is to create space where first - HE is invited in... to give room for Him to settle in and abide, and then second - to make sure that you know that you are welcome, too!

We have been talking a lot of Welcoming around here lately. 


We welcome His Presence, yes... we welcome friends and family into our homes and our hearts, of course.  I have been redecorating spaces and play-working with friends to create an atmosphere that welcomes people in... that breathes peace, and joy, and let's them feel loved.

Ah yes... we are all about Welcome. 

We have company over and they feel at rest... overnight guests say they sleep better here than in their own homes and some friends even take to (accidentally) napping.

But, lately when we speak of Welcome, we're talking less of an inviting in, and more of a going out!  



You see, my OneWord is Wonder... (I know, right? It's so dreamy!) As I pondered Wonder, My Honey was sharing how he has felt God calling him to be less predictable... more open to adventure... and to be honest, a part of me shrinks back at a call for him to be spontaneous... forever he has been my rock and the one I can count on... he is predictable in all the best ways! But then I remember 'Surprise!' (My OneWord a couple of years ago) and I realize that while part of me wants to hesitate and say no, even more of me is leaning in, ready for new discoveries and the new adventures that await us!  We are in a whole new season and I know that God has some amazing plans ahead for us!







We've taken to hiking together lately and oh my goodness, how we find beauty and wonder and awe when we go. Side by side, sometimes hand in hand, and we breathe in deep and climb up slow... we drink in Creation and we stumble upon glory and grace at every bend... 



So we lean in together, looking for His lead... following hard after His heart and while we don't yet know where the trail may veer off or the path may disappear around a corner... we know the One who is calling us into a life of wonder-filled adventure and where He leads, we will follow!




For wherever He is, we know we are welcome! He bids us to come...

{STOP}

For the most part, this new year is full of promise and wide open spaces... I can not wait to see how Wonder and Adventure is Welcomed in to our lives... and to yours, too, my friends! ...to yours, too!



Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "WELCOME"


Oh ...the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays have been hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  This week we start gathering over at Kate Motaung's.  FMF is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at 10pm Thursday night (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

18 comments :

  1. Anonymous4:21 AM

    Oh yes! So much more than us welcoming God into our lives and spaces, but Him welcoming us into His. Now that's a wonderful call to adventure. Have a great wonder-filled year. Ruth - from the #fmfparty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I love that, Ruth! That He invites us in to His life... it's so true! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love that your welcome is about going out. As I pondered how to welcome more people into my home I realized that it may actually require me going out more first. You know like maybe actually going out and meeting my neighbors (even if they are a mile away).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend... I love this so much! Yes - be brave... knock on those doors and say hello! We are having breakfast on Sunday with our new neighbors and we are so excited to get to know them and make them feel... (wait for it...) welcome! ;)

      Delete
  3. God does bid us to come! Hiking in the Rocky Mts is one of my fave things to do. Gods amazing creation is so evident there. May God guide you and your hubby as you walk hand and hand together trusting in this one who bids you to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:59 AM

    Fabulous! and I want to take pictures like that - do you use your phone or a camera - if a camera, what kind? FEAR NOT/ 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Debra... well - I HAVE a 'real' camera and love it - but honestly - when we are hiking (especially just around this area --in places we are familiar with!) I just bring my phone! I highly recommend David Molnar's iphoneonlyphotography online course! (Even if you have an android!)

      So - my camera camera is a Nikon, but my phone (that took these shots) is an iphone 4! ;)

      Delete
  5. I've never thought about welcoming as going out rather than inviting in. Interesting! I'll be pondering this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a whole new concept, right? I'm pondering it, too! (How are you feeling, friend? I hope you are feeling better!)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:57 PM

    I love your one word! Mine is INTENTION. Not as dreamy as wonder. =) We love hiking and exploring. It's a great way to experience wonder (and can also be very unpredictable.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Intention is a great word, too! And Amen about wonder (and unpredictable! Just last month we took a new trail and got lost because it was not really marked well at all... we just kept going because it was supposed to be a loop trail and eventually we spotted our car and made it back after braving snow and hail and winds... all amidst blue skies and sunshine! Unpredictable, for sure!)

      Delete
  7. Great post. I especially love that last sentence. I was reading through the comments and was totally surprised to see that you used an iPhone for these pictures. They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Natalie! The iPhone (and additional Apps!) can take some great shots! I learned a lot from David Molnar - both his online class and his iPhone Only Photography book... it's the most conventient camera because it is the one we always have with us, right?

      Delete
  8. Such pretty photos!

    I find that times alone in nature welcome me into creation as well, and joy in the Creator!

    So bummed to miss out on FMF last night...silly internet. Crossing my fingers for next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - you were greatly missed last night, friend!!! Praying it is all fixed by next week (sooner, because - you know!) xoxo

      Delete
  9. Beautiful post, in all ways! Amazing images! I love your word, and can't wait to see how God will use it through this year. It's always a joy to visit you here. I most certainly feel welcome! Always. Thank you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Karrilee,

    This short article itself made me feel welcomed. What a nice word! :-)

    Welcome lightens the one whoever hears it, reads it, because they feel accepted. Another word to stop someone's thoughts, or lessen them and the tensions, to an extent.

    You have a lot of images, which are another great way to welcome someone and make them feel at home. Very nice article, thank you.

    Had to go to Kate's page to get your link. I'm used to click the comment link and go to anyone's site, as I come from a WordPress background and not used to using blogger much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive