December 19, 2013

"You are Magnificent!" - The Butterfly Circus




My husband and I are attending Soar - (a School of Spiritual Transformation... a sattelite school of BSSM) and a couple of weeks ago we watched this short film in class... "The Butterfly Circus", starring Nick Vujicic, was the Grand Prize Winner in 2009 at The Doorpost Film Project and went on to win many other awards and gain much recognition.  It is 20 minutes long, and it is beyond inspiring! 

It will stir things up in you and make you think, in all the best ways!


This is the premise:  
"At the height of the Great Depression, the showman (Eduardo Verastegui) of a renowned circus leads his troupe through the devastated American landscape, lifting the spirits of audiences along the way. During their travels they discover Will (Nick Vujicic), a man without limbs at a carnival sideshow, but after an intriguing encounter with the showman he becomes driven to hope against everything he has ever believed."

I could write about this and my thoughts - but honestly... I want you to watch it! Watch it on a coffee break or lunch break or whenever you can steal away 20 minutes! This is - after all, for "Thought Provoking Thursday" and this will do all of that... and will linger with you for much longer than just one day!

Below are a few quotes that stood out to me... you'll understand them more after you have watched the video! 


"You are Magnificent!"

"There is nothing inspiring about a mans' imperfections on display."

"What this world needs is a little wonder."

"The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph."


Seriously, ya'll - this is so worth 20 minutes:




What do YOU believe about yourself?



What Beauty comes for your ashes?

This season can be tough on all of us... so many Pinterest-worthy ideals swirling around and so many wishes and hopes (often tainted with regrets and doubts!) that can make us feel dizzy, less than, or - more accurately - like not enough! But let me lean in, and with your Savior, hear me when I say without sarcasm or hesitation... 

You, my friend, are magnificent!



Our Christmas gifts from our Soar Leaders:
a handwritten note and a handmade Ornament!
Priceless!


I am linking up with Lyli Dunbar for #ThoughtProvokingThursday

and I am linking with Barbie Swihart for #TheWeekendBrew

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this film! What stood out to you most?  Had you heard of it or watched it before?

4 comments :

  1. Karrilee,

    You have me ...I will try to find 20 minutes to watch at some point this week...Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm.

    I love how God displays His greatness through our weakness (2 Cor. 12:9-10)...Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds incredible. I can't wait to see it. I love your declaration of truth (YOU are magnificent) in the midst of all the circumstances that call us to feel less than. I love you, Karrilee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karrilee, I have seen this movie before, and really enjoyed its message. Have you seen the movie "Bella"? The lead actor is the same, and it also has very redemptive themes. It's a full-length film.

    Thanks for linking up to Thought-Provoking Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. at first i thought i'd put off watching this but i'm so glad i didn't. what a wonderful movie! it's amazing what happens when you look at things through God's eyes instead of the world's eyes. where the world sees failure, God sees opportunity. where the world puts a period, God puts a comma. i'm so glad you shared this today. thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive