November 22, 2013

With Him, you can FLY! W.A.R Int'l & Five Minute Friday



Yesterday was crazy busy in all the best ways... I did manage to pop in to the #fmfparty Twitter Party for a few, but having written a post on how to create an atmosphere for gatherings in the morning, then hosting a gathering, then joining the #christmasatthefarm party, then dinner, then rearranging for ANOTHER Gathering... well - ya know... my family requested some eye contact in between there somewhere!  So today - I am taking a quick break from all the rearranging and displaying of all the jewelry for my Women At Risk Open House tonight and tomorrow... I will write... for five minutes flat... and maybe add a photo or two and then get right back to work (because I was just contacted by the press ya'll - and they are coming... so all of the sudden - everything I wrote about yesterday on how I am low key and not stressed out... yeah... well - I feel like that, except the exact opposite!)

Oh but - first - the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at 10pm Thursday night (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday - The Word Prompt is:  FLY


{GO}

"Time flies when you're having fun..."

It's the first thing I think of when I see our prompt and I can't help but realize that time just flies - no matter what, but oh how it sure doesn't FEEL like that when you are having anything but fun! 

I can look back over the years and yes - those fun times, they seemed to evaporate before our very eyes... vacations are over too soon; summer never lasts; our Nearly Grown Girlie is in college... COLLEGE, ya'll?

But what about those seasons when the answers didn't come... at least not fast enough, or not in the way we wanted?  What about when the pain or sickness lingered, or seemed to win? What about when your heart was broken and it didn't seem like you would ever see the light of day and be joyful, or full of hope, ever again? 

What if you felt like time was standing still and you were stuck in darkness... imprisoned in hell... tortured and tossed aside, but never let go of?

I am hosting an Open House again this November... it's tonight and tomorrow actually!



Women At Risk International is an amazing organization that restores hope and dreams to women and children who are at risk or who have escaped a lifestyle of human/sex trafficking.  They provide safe houses all over the world, and they retrain women to have skills that will help them to transform their lives and provide for themselves and their children without the lure or danger of going back to that old familiar horror.

I think of these girls... some who never knew hope... who were caught or sold or trapped at such a young age, this darkness is all they have ever known.  They never had anyone whisper to them to dream... to hope... no one ever looked into their eyes and saw value and encouraged them to fly... but we do; we ARE!

Time stands still for these girls... these women.  But hope is arising... and on His wings, we partner up and we speak life and we are being love and we are shining on for them... showing them it's okay to dream... showeing them that hope in God will not disappoint... and with Him, you can FLY! 

{STOP}

That went fast... there is so much more I want to say, but again - today is Bossy and I must move on! 

Please be praying for these women... these children.  God is raising awareness and freedom is coming.  Pray for my Open House if you think of it! Last year, my daughter and I were able to raise enough money to fully support 4 women/families for a month.  We are praying God will help us to meet or surpass that goal this year as well!




Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "FLY"  
Five Minute Friday

10 comments :

  1. Dear Karrilee
    Thank you for letting us know about your hosting Open House! I will keep you in my prayers and I am so proud of you and your daughter. It is so true that for these poor women time must seem to be standing still. But I am so glad to see so much support and awareness being currently raised for these women. It is a sad day when a world uses its children for human sex trafficking!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers Mia... for us... and more importantly - for them!
      Bless you, sweet friend!

      Delete
  2. I hope your Open House went well and I hope that you again are able to raise money to help those who have no hope. That's our purpose in life, isn't it? To point others to the hope. What a beautiful reminder that part of thanksgiving is GIVING (to others). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Anita! It IS what our purpose is... to point others to Hope... thanks for your prayers!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:56 PM

    If I were anywhere nearby I would have loved to be at your Open House. Time surely does drag when our circumstances aren't fun, but it flies by when we're enjoying life. Love that you are involved with this ministry that is teaching girls and women to fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim... how much would I have LOVED to have you just pop in and visit and shop? Oh so much! (You CAN shop on their site... http://warinternational.org/ - but still, it would have been better to get to see you!)

      Delete
  4. What a blessing you are Karrilee! Human trafficking is something very dear to my own heart. I love that you had an open house to help these women. I cannot imagine all that they have gone through, but I know a God who brings hope, healing and restoration. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Barbie... why am I not surprised? Just one more among many that makes us truly Kindred, sweet friend!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous12:07 PM

    I have been and continue to pray for you and these sweet ladies. It seems the issue of human trafficking is so big and we wonder if we can really make a difference. We can't but God can through us. We may struggle to reach all that are effected by it but we can at least reach those He has before us. I love you being willing to be used by Him to give hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy! It is such a huge issue... but as I am learning - we can't change the world... but we can change the world for one person! Every little bit adds up and makes a huge difference! I (we) appreciate the prayers!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive