November 7, 2013

He loves me True - Five Minute Friday



So it's Thursday night and I am all on my own... not surrounded by a crowd of writers... a flash mob gathered on couches and in corners on the floor of the Dayspring Lounge at Allume... nor am I sitting across the table from a blogger friend, a happy exhausted, sharing words with real rhythm and tone... Tonight, it's just me (with the fam swirling around me and the cat wanting food and all the glorious distractions of my normal Thursday night routine!) Yes - it was wonderful to go and to write together... but it is nice to be home and falling back into Life as we know it, too!

Oh but - first - the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at 10pm Thursday night (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday, getting the prompt a bit early during the #fmfparty on Twitter... (Thanks Lisa Jo! We'll blame the Chocolate!)

The Word Prompt is:  TRUE

{GO}

He loves me True...

Photo by Kim DeLoach

This Honey of mine... he is my biggest fan and my best friend and he is always - I mean, ALWAYS - in my corner.

I have lived over half of my life now by his side, wrapped safely in his arms, watched over gently and encouraged to stretch out and follow wherever it is that God leads me.  

Last month, God led me to attend Allume... the Lord paved the way and His hand was all over it and while I was hesitant to be bold and brave and just say yes on my own, this man of mine made it easy! He said, "We are going!  How can we not?"

The only other time I have traveled to the East Coast was for a Retreat for an online group of Scrapbook friends who met via a website and decided we wanted to meet face to face and heart to heart and just like this time - my Honey said yes... we will make a way.  We will go along with you.  We are in this together.  So last time, we brought our girlie and we saw Baltimore and toured DC and while I was at the Retreat, they traveled to New Jersey and New York... 

This time however, our dd is in college and it was a trip for just the two of us... an Empty Nester diversion of sorts (as our baby girl nearly all grown up girlie was planning on attending college out of town... plans changed and she is still here at home, attending our Community college! What? You can hear this Mama's heart beat happy relief? Yes... for now!)

So... while I was in meetings and sessions - he was always nearby... praying... believing... resting.  He barely left the hotel because it was so amazing, and because he didn't want to discover anything without me! We managed to sneak out and walk down to Falls Park and walk around downtown a bit... and when I had a few overwhelming, it's-just-too-much, I-can't-do-it-anymore melt downs moments, he was right there, loving me True... and pointing me back to Truth!

He is the most consistent man I have ever known and he speaks life and loves full on and oh my, how he shines brightly!  He shines and when I feel lost in the dark, he points me to Jesus and the Light of the world lights the way!

After Allume we wandered the grounds of the Biltmore Estates and we walked the alleyways of Asheville... we strolled down King Street and through Battery Park in Charleston and roamed around in the gardens at the Magnolia Plantation... and let's not forget the digging our toes in the sand and walking along piers, and splashing my feet for the first time ever in the Atlantic (which is not freezing cold, like the Pacific!) and just simply sitting down, side by side, watching the tide roll on in... 

He is strength and grace and I have learned who I am and how to hang on to that simply by letting him love me True.  He loves me like Jesus... and my how I was blessed to fall in love with them both at the same time, some 20+ years ago now!  He reminds me, and encourages me, and lifts me up, and yes - sometimes (when necessary!) he pushes me forward!

My Husband (Jesus) and my Honey (Dave)... 
they both teach me so much... 
and they both love me True!

{STOP}

We had such a great time back East (or is it down South?) - either way... we fell in love again some more, and we loved our time together!  

Us parents... We tend to be busy and exhausted, and it can seem like we don't have time... and there are seasons with Littles that it just isn't feasible - but can I encourage you to steal away even just an hour or two to reconnect... to have fun or relax together... to find time to talk and laugh and simply share space together.  It makes all the difference!



Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "TRUE"  
Five Minute Friday

13 comments :

  1. What a blessing to be your FMF neighbor! What a beautiful love you have and what a true blessing to be loved so truly by both Jesus and your wonderful man. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip together, praying you get more opportunities to get away and fall in love some more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I had been allowed more than a few moments to meet him. His gentle spirit is evident not only in this photo, but in the way you've talked about him and yes - even in that brief in-person hello I was allowed to have. Love this picture of the two of you and the recollection of your time there on the other coast, as well as your time growing together with each other and in Him. So glad that are you blessed to have this wonderful kind of man in your life. I can't wait to have you both back on this side of the mountain to share some time with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So. My honey is Dave too! Love that he supports you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. you have such a beautiful heart :)

    visiting from FMF.

    Jessica

    http://mybeautifulli.blogspot.com/2013/11/30-days-of-thankfulness-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blessing! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful that you have so much radiant love in your life. It shows on the photos of you that you have on the blog. And btw: you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post!!! Love the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:48 AM

    I too have a honey named Dave. And after reading this, I feel I have neglected to give a piece of my writing life to show how much he adores me and I adore him.
    Thanks for your honesty and for sharing all the wonderful time you enjoyed together.
    So glad you went to the conference, and I think you'll enjoy the times alone as much as you enjoy the times with the grown-up girl...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Going My Dear Friends!!!
    Indeed Made For Each Other!!
    May God continue to bless &
    Keep you safe for His glory.
    Our Best Wishes to all of you!
    Keep Going
    Phil & Fly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great guy (with a great name!) that loves you as much as I love my Julia. Praying for another 20+ happy years and then some for you both. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:40 PM

    You are so blessed. Glad you had such a wonderful trip to Allume. I'm hoping to get there one of these years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:42 PM

    My hubby and I spent 2 years as empty nesters but now one of our little birdies is back home and as hard as it was to get use to them begin gone it has been just as hard with her coming back. Hubby and I really had to re introduce ourselves to each in the emptiness that came with slower schedules. So, like you I encourage all young couple to find a way to get away so they always real know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:51 PM

    So wonderful. Love to hear about your amazing relationship!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive