November 14, 2013

Glory in Trees... Five Minute Friday


For a moment (or fifty four) today - I thought I could do it all!  I know... but sometimes I forget? I had a full To Do list that was all kinds of Bossy - but most of it was a fun kind of bossy and I thought somehow that time would not come into play for me... so it really wasn't until about 4pm PST that I realized that there was just no way in real life that I was going to be able to finished baking All the Cookies, take a shower, AND make it to the twitter party that is #fmfparty.  I had a church meeting tonight that actually was from 6-8:30pm so really, THAT should have forced me to come to this conclusion way earlier anyway... but I held out hope... because I just love this Community.  I always hate to miss... but I am here now... ready to write (and all jacked up on coffee... Oh - and some cookies too? Oops?)

Oh but - first - the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at 10pm Thursday night (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday - The Word Prompt is:  TREE


{GO}


Aaah Fall... it's my favorite!

It always has been, but it's only been the past few years that I get the irony in it.

Me - the lover of summer and lazy non-bossy schedules and sleep-in mornings...


Me - who has never wanted change...

Me - who is slightly afraid of the unknown...

Me - who wants everything to just Stay. The. Same.

And yet it was all the changing of Autumn that wooed me in and caused me to fall in love! (Of course the sweaters, and boots, and flavored coffees and scented candles, and pumpkin everything didn't hurt either!)

But there is just something majestic and breathtaking about Glory dripping from trees...



I love how just when it seems that summer is over and all the life is being drained - in a last ditch effort... the trees sing praises back to God as their leaves let go... and oh how they burn bright all the way down!

It's as if the trees themselves are reminding us that when we lean in and let go... He shines brighter in us and through us!  That even though one season is coming to an end... there is more ahead! He has more ahead for us!

And just when we feel like we are at our most vulnerable... nearly bare with winter fast approaching... we are reminded that it's in the letting go, in the leaning in, that we are able to find new growth stirring.

So I stumble upon this scene while out scouting for a portrait session and how could I not think of this space here... and you, there - reading these words?  How could I not see this bench and think of Emily Freeman and the call to be a bench... in this season of dying and letting go... in this season of wonder and glory in trees... how could I not just sit awhile and drink this in... and pray for you - for each and every one of you?

Autumn thick all around... Leaves dancing and bowing down... Glory in trees... Community on benches... and you, sweet reader, in my prayers!

{STOP}

It is true... it is my honor to pray for you!  I am believing that God will cause you to catch a glimpse of His Glory in some of your every day... 


Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "TREE"  
Five Minute Friday

17 comments :

  1. Beautiful truth Karrilee. I am also a child of the Summer... loving the heat and the sun, resistant to change. But it is true that Fall is necessary. As seasons in nature change, so do the seasons in our lives, and thank goodness for that! Thank you for the reminder... Be blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely breathtaking. :) Fall is my favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely!!! "It's as if the trees themselves are reminding us that when we lean in and let go... He shines brighter in us and through us! That even though one season is coming to an end... there is more ahead! He has more ahead for us!" I will be pondering this one, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Karrilee! Love this reminder: "this season of dying and letting go" and what a lesson there is in that for all of us.

    Christy @ A Heartening Life
    www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured it all in words and photos and so beautifully! I am a child of spring...of rebirth, a new chance, a place to start again...but I am also a lover of fall and the beauty it presents us, the reminder....that this too shall pass and it will be gloriously okay! Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:36 AM

    I love fall, Karrilee and your post has made me love it even more. Beautiful words...beautiful photos. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures always enthrall me - so beautiful - and I love your words here today. This especially > And just when we feel like we are at our most vulnerable... nearly bare with winter fast approaching... we are reminded that it's in the letting go, in the leaning in, that we are able to find new growth stirring. < This is so much of what I have learned in the last few years. The stripping down, the laying bare, the becoming vulnerable - this is when He can be heard the most clear; when I can finally allow Him to move the most. Have a fabulous weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, you said so much more elegantly what I was trying to say! Beautiful words and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:18 PM

    The irony is right! Ha Ha, I'm thinking the same thing as you wrote that - it can be my story too!
    But it is gorgeous, that last burst of color before everything changes.
    Stopped in from FMF
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Karrilee
    We never experience this magnificent colors during our autumns in South Africa. So you can just think what a joy it is to me to be blessed by the splendor of the deep and different colors of autumn. It takes my breath away. What a way to greet the summer and prepare for the new life that will soon start to grow underground during the winter season!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  12. And there is your beautiful blue tree losing it's leaves, piling up around the trunk!! There is something about a maple burning fiery red that shouts "Glory to God" to me. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your beautiful metaphors, especially that reminder that the beauty comes with the dying and surrender to the new growth within...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:54 PM

    "the trees sing praises back to God as their leaves let go" I love the thought of the colors actually sing praises.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for this post, karrilee! for the vision of what is really happening in the changing of seasons: "it's in the letting go, in the leaning in, that we are able to find new growth stirring." i've seen this in my own life and know it to be true because of the Father's kind intentions in the lives of His children...thanks for drawing my attention back to that reality through your beautiful imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's as if the trees themselves are reminding us that when we lean in and let go... He shines brighter in us and through us! That even though one season is coming to an end... there is more ahead! He has more ahead for us!
    I am in tears, words I needed, God knew!! Beautiful post thank you. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pix! God's glory surely is expressed in the beauty of nature. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive