September 27, 2013

Speaking TRUE - Five Minute Friday


While the party was going on last night over on Twitter and all sorts of Awesome was gathering, encouraging, uplifting... my Honey and I were manning a booth at our local State Fair.  We are part of a school that hosted a "Deep Fried Prayer" booth.  Yep... you read that right! Everything at the fair is Deep Fried, right? So why not keep with the theme, have a little fun, and offer up prayers and blessings?  So while I so missed all the fun, I was having some of my own on a chilly September evening near the Midway Lights, praying for healing and broken relationships, and restored faith... for favor and jobs and houses... We were given the opportunity to Speak Life... to Be Love... and to Shine On in a little 10x10 tent in the midst of our own city. Now... on to writing!


Oh but - first - the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at 10pm Thursday night (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday - TRUE...

{GO}



So Lisa-Jo invites us in... she is laid open - vulnerable, wanting to share True... to not hold back... and my heart leans in and my spirit cries Yes!  Some of what she 'reveals' I actually DO know... some I don't... and while I love and believe in the cry to Live Out Loud and Be Real... I also read between the lines and I suspect that the enemy has been at work here.  On her.  On me. On us all.

(It's his job and if there is ONE THING he is consistent at... this is it: LIES!  Lies, I tell you!)

You see - this whole internet thing is tricky.  We get in deep long before we ever meet face to face. This is a blessing (mostly) and so much needed for so many of us. To connect real... to live honest... to be weak and messy (from afar!) and to find community where we can slowly - ever so slowly - Let Down the Masks.

However, I can say - as a Mama of a nearly grown girlie... this living MY story and not hers, when she has her own to tell... the lines get blurry and while I want to share my True... so much of mine is wrapped up in hers, and in his, and we can feel like in being Vulnerable and True - we must be an open book to everyone.


I get that... I want that... until I step over a line and begin to tell a Story that, while it is TRUE, it isn't all mine to tell. But the temptation is strong.. in the name of being Vulnerable and True.

So - let me caution the young(er) Mama's out there... well - all of us really:

Be Real - YES!

Live Out Loud and Take Risks to be who you are...wherever you go.
Strive to be consistent in Living Real.

Don't Belittle Yourself or Your Call.

Don't fall for the lies... and when you feel like maybe you ARE believing them... giving in to them... making room for them to just move right in to your heart... reach out! Ask for help!

Even in this amazing blogosphere of writers, our stories are not always for the multitudes... and they are not all written by us alone. Boundaries are our friends... and not every one has the right to hear ALL of our story.

So PRAY = share what He tells you... what He puts on your heart. And if it includes someone elses' story - talk it over with them before you write it all out for the world to see!

So Much YES - LIVE TRUE... in Real Life first... give yourself a little time and a lot of grace to grow up and stand tall in who you are... and as you do that, you will find yourself living True everywhere you go!

{STOP}

Well - now I fight the urge to erase and start over... this is not my typical style but I think we can feel like in order to be real, we must put everything out there... and to put down the masks - we must let everyone see because if we are going to preach Real and tell everyone to be Vulnerable - then we must lead the way! But let us lead the way in wisdom... not without boundaries... but without walls and secrets! Oh my - how there IS a difference, friends!

And I have found... in Living True, we find ourselves
 Speaking Life.  Being Love.  Shining On.



Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "TRUE"  
Five Minute Friday

21 comments :

  1. Anonymous12:58 PM

    As I have been writing more and more of my story I have become more aware of how careful I need to be. I want to be so careful that I don't over step that thin line between my own story and the stories of those around me. Thanks for the encouragement to only share our story, the one He has given us to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy - it's harder as they get older... and this is not limited to our kids - but oh how we love to write about them, right? Thanks for stopping by, friend!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:52 PM

    I agree so much with your words. Wisdom we all need to hear. Boundaries are good. My husband always say you dont need to tell everyone everything, some things are suppose to be private. Have a blessed day. Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara... it's hard sometimes - but boundaries are so honoring... they are for everyones' benefit! As Brene Brown says, people have to earn the right to hear your story!

      Delete
  3. Dear Karrillee
    I always say that truth between two people has more than one way of being; your truth, the other person's truth and the real truth. But after all is said and done, Truth personified rejoices when love reigns as the ultimate victory.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Mia! Perspective can change one scene in so many ways! Honor and Love... that is always the goal! Love you sweet friend!

      Delete
  4. Oh love this and you and I read it like a thousand times!! I needed these words today!! So scary to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm haaa I don't know what happened!! So scary to take risks

      Delete
    2. You and me both, friend! It IS scary to take risks... to put ourselves out there... but that is where hte power is! I am all about being transparent... I just find it tricky sometimes that it is only myself that I lay out in the open! Love you too! (Loved your post - AND that we are neighbors!)

      Delete
  5. Don't fall for the lies-AMEN!!! I loved this so much. You got the love, sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so easy to fall, isn't Ashley? I know it is for me! And we accidentally entertain them and all of the sudden they are all at home in the corners of our thinking! Thankful for you and all of your encouragement! (Did I tell you how amazing that PSL creamer turned out? OH MY?)

      Delete
  6. Loved this post! Love your journals. Did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barbie! It's so hard to remember the balance! Yes - I did make them... I love me some papercrafts!

      Delete
  7. This, oh, how it is a sobering thought: "...until I step over a line and begin to tell a Story that, while it is TRUE, it isn't all mine to tell..." Yes, Karilee. It's something to always be aware of, prayerful of, as we tell our stories and include others in the telling. Thank you for sharing your words of wisdom today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber... very sobering! I have unfortunately learned this lesson the hard way and am oh so thankful for Grace... it's so easy to do without even thinking - especially when we are all about being real and open! Hoping it helps others learn WITHOUT doing! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Yes, you speak such wisdom here, Karrilee. I think about this a lot -- the boundaries, the lines between honest & open & true and oversharing & disrespecting. Thank you for the exhortation to take all that we write about before God first. That what we share would truly be to the benefit of others. Love you and your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashely - you know I adore you and all of your honest and open and true words - full of grace and honor! I just keep thinking... Portland is not that far away! ;)

      Delete
  9. Ok, I seriously love the Deep Fried Prayer thing...awesome. :)

    So I struggle with what He's called me to write, mostly because who I want to be (that blogger who has amazing, deep thoughts every day) and who I am (someone who can process out her thoughts 2-3 times a week) are different. The truth is that my story is mine, and I am trying to be who He's made me to be. It's time for me to embrace that...and, instead of spending all of my time writing a blog, I'll spend a lot of it encouraging others. (And, of course, being mommy and wife!) :) This community makes me happy...aren't we blessed?! Have a great day, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel... yes - we are blessed beyond measure and girl - that is a GIFT He has given you - to spread encouragement and to lift others up! It seems this realization is wide-spread: How maybe after all, or at least in this season, a platform or publisher is not why He's called us to this Blogging life at all? I love this! I can't wait to meet inrl at Allume!

      Delete
  10. So, so glad you didn't erase this. A hearty AMEN to your wisdom and boldness to share it. Your best advice....PRAY. Thanks so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so true! There are so many times when I've wanted to share something that is a parenting TRUTH but then stopped. The internet is forever. Malone is 4 and Lollie is 6 weeks. I want them to be proud of their mama and her words when they are older... not embarrassed or ashamed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive