August 16, 2013

Five Minute Friday - SMALL


I missed the party last night because I was traveling - and let me tell ya - typing on my phone is not an option! I am so not ninja-like without an actual keyboard! But here I am, Friday morning at my sisters' house... the boys are off fishing on the boat already and the rest of the house is quiet... so I steal away five minutes to jump in and join the crowd...

But - first - the fine print: if you don't know what FMF is!  Five Minute Fridays are hosted by Lisa Jo Baker.  It is open to anyone, so to learn more about it - and to jump in yourself (the more the merrier!) or just to find a linky to see what everyone is writing about today - click HERE!  The idea is to simply write... for Five Minutes flat... no editing, no deep thinking - or at least REthinking, no spell check - just write! Let it flow! We all write using a prompt that Lisa posts at one minute past midnight Friday morning (EST.)  I'm loving the community of amazing bloggers and the creativity that flows from these magical Five Minutes!

So - here goes: Five Minute Friday - SMALL...

{GO}


Small... there are days when I feel it and it's a good thing... and then there are those days when I feel oh so small and it's an insignificant, I'm-Only-One-Person thing

Sometimes - life comes at us fast and hard and the reality of our world can come crashing down heavy... I felt it yesterday, as news of a plane crash and a lost job and more information on human trafficking came across my newsfeed. 

The world is so very big and there is just oh so much wrong and when you feel small like that, nothing good follows those thoughts.  You start to hear whisperings of Why-Even-Try and You-Can't-Make-a-Difference-Anyway... if you are like me - when you feel small like this - you think small... you dream less... you begin to come in agreement with all those emotions of It's-Never-Gonna-Happen... its heavy and dark and lonely and what we can't see in this midst of all of that is just how SMALL that way of thinking really is!


‘Thus far you shall come, but no farther;
And here shall your proud waves stop’
                                           Job 38:11

 This is why I ADORE the beach... because when I am on the shoreline looking out at the vast sky and ocean and world around me I feel so small... so GLORIOUSLY small and I remember that He's got this! This God who made the heavens and the earth also made me... this Creator who tells the waves where to stop and commands the wind and rules over my heart - He's got this...

And when I feel gloriously small it's because I remember that He is gloriously NOT!  He holds the whole world in His hands - the whole beautiful mess... and He alone is Glorious!

...and when He looks at me... He doesn't see me as small... He sees me as HIS...

And that makes me stand just a bit taller in who I am... in who He has created and destined me to be


...and that makes me feel not so small afterall!


{STOP}

Yesterday on my facebook page I shared a video from The Exodus Road showing a rescue and gave a link to help support a team. I also posted a link to buy a Hope Bag (but not really purchase a bag) to help cover the lost merchandise in the plane crash, and a link to buy a shirt through FreesetUSA with the profits going to the families of the pilots who lost their lives.  

When we feel so small and like we can't make a difference, I am so thankful for organizations who make it easy to sow into a movement that really IS making a difference and changing the world!

What about you?  Do you give in to feeling Small... if so - what helps you to remember that in Him, you are Big? (For me - it's the beach... every time!)








Five Minute Fridays gives us the chance to dive right in and share what He puts on our hearts! Click here to read what others have to say about "SMALL"  
Five Minute Friday



1 comment :

  1. Oh I keep missing the "five minutes on Friday." I would have never thought about writing on the word "small". You did a great job Karrilee doing so. Glad I stopped by. Maybe this Friday I will remember to check the word for that day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive