July 11, 2013

From the Archives - a Feast of Silence



In honor of #ThrowbackThursday (and due to the fact that I have been taking care of a sick girlie this week!) - I thought I would randomly pull a post from the Archives... don't you just love the surprise of looking back and seeing how consistently God has been speaking to you?  This was originally posted on June 13, 2011 but could have easily been penned today!

Enjoy!

"The Feast of Silence"


After a FULL weekend of family & friends... loud (great) music, lots of chatting, & tons of laughter - I had the unexpected pleasure today of enjoying a Feast of Silence. I had planned on having a living room filled with powerful, wonderful women of God - however, the Lord had other plans. Not one of my Happy Intercessors showed up today! Not a one... so I had to fight the urge to 'go on' with my day & tackle that bossy list of Things To Do! Instead, however, I sat in silence... listening. After such a busy & blessed weekend, I felt filled up & refreshed already... however just sitting with my favorite Guys (The Father, the Son, & the Holy Spirit) - I felt washed in Peace. His Presence was a gift to me... & the Silence was a Feast!

I don't know about you - but in my daily world, there is a LOT of noise! Whether it be literal: traffic, talking, cell phones ringing, appliances running, TV or music on in the background... or more like the 'noise' in my head... thoughts, regrets, worries, hopes, more bossy lists... Whatever the source - the noise grabs for our attention & causes us (or at least me) to be short sighted! In our world of multi-tasking, it is often hard to remember the value of sitting & doing just ONE thing, especially when that one thing is listening to nothing, but expecting something!

As I sat in my chair - drinking in the quietness of the day & feeling warmed by His Peace, I was led to read through a few Scriptures. Psalm 67 was one of them & while I have loved that psalm for many years - reading it in The Message today caused me to grab on to a new phrase. This now is my goal:

"God, mark us with grace
and blessing!
Smile!"
(Ps 67:1 The Message)

My desire is to be marked with Grace & Blessing... in other translations this reads to be merciful to us & bless us & to have His face shine upon us! My desire is not to be blessed & have the favor of God simply so that I can succeed & be prosperous (although that happens, of course!) I love the 'marked with grace' part... that to me says that in His blessing & pouring out favor on me... His Grace & Mercy are evident as well. It's the mercy of God that leads to repentance. He is a good God... in a good mood & He desires to bless us... to love on us... to smile with us... & in the silence of just being with Him, I felt His smile & basked in His shining... I want to be one that so carries the Presence & Power of God - that my countenance is shining as well. I have gone the route of the religious - & people could see - well, not Grace - on me... but my goal is to let the Love of God flow through me & shine on to others who so need a glimpse of His light!

My prayer is that you too will be marked with grace & blessing!
Shine On!

~Karrilee~


P.S. This also lends itself to the Link Up I am hosting this week on being a Hunter of Beauty and a Finder of Grace...


I'd love to have you join in!
To read what others have discovered this week,
or to add your own findings, click HERE!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I always love to hear your thoughts! Remember to: Speak Life - Be Love - Shine On!
~Karrilee~

Blog Archive