So... I found this amazing little (well - not so little) community of Bloggers and stumbled upon this Writer's Challenge last week. It's called Five Minute Friday... Here are the Rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
I tried my hand at it last week and LOVED it! The hardest part (besides the vulnerability of no editing) was not reading everyone's posts first - I wanted to let it flow from within me... uninfluenced. But what a treat to go and read all the posts once I was done!
So - this week was harder... keeping up with a crazy schedule in my 'regular' life, in addition to blogging twice a day, every day. Todays' posts were time consuming and draining and WHY I am back on this computer is beyond me... but here goes!
Five Minute Friday Prompt: Look
Yesterday... I was given the chance to change... While spending time with a good friend - and by good friend I mean a friend who has the gifting and boldness to honestly say what she is thinking, who will challenge and encourage you all in one breath... I was spending time with her, and she said, "You know - you say 'It's really hard' a lot."
Hmmm... really? I do? I don't want to say that I PRIDE myself (but really... I do!) on being a positive person, who truly does speak life and hope and joy, but I will say that God has helped change my natural bent. I rarely battle negative (non-self) thoughts or focusing on the dark side of a situation for too long. That is not how it used to be! I've been transformed and now I speak on purpose, with purpose. I believe in the power of Declaring and Decreeing. I believe that there is power in what we say. (PLUS I really have a thing for Words!)
So when she said that, it made me freeze in my tracks and consider the truth in it. She has a way of making you stop and look within. I am so thankful for that because I really don't feel or think or want to believe or proclaim that things are 'really hard!' Because in reality - they are not! Things are really good... overall. When I look around me & even within me, even as Ann is stirring me up to count my gifts 3 at a time, I see clearly how blessed I truly am - even on the 'It's really hard' days!
So now I am asking the Lord to check me whenever that begins to come out as my confession. Afterall - NOTHING is too difficult for Him!
I hope you have friends like this - who lovingly call you out on the carpet... knowing who you really are - and that sometimes what you say (or write) doesn't quite line up with your true identity!
To read other amazing Five Minute Friday posts - or to play along with us... click here:
- ► 2016 (120)
- ► 2015 (202)
- ► 2014 (182)
- ► 2013 (233)
- Reason 31 to fall for Autumn... Costumes (of sorts...
- Day 30 of Reasons to fall for Autumn: Why, CANDY, ...
- Reason 29 to fall for Autumn...
- Counting Reasons to Fall for Autumn... #28
- Reason 27 to fall for Autumn (31 Days): School Sup...
- Reason (Day) #26 to fall for Autumn... (of #31Days...
- Five Minute Friday: Voice
- Falling for Autumn... Day 25: Extra Cozy Blankets
- Reason 24...to Fall for Autumn: The Pumpkin Patch!...
- Reason 23 to Fall for Autumn: Fashionable Ponderin...
- Falling for Autumn... Rainy Day (22)
- Ahh - the return of Fall recipes - warm & comforti...
- Reason 20 to Fall for Autumn: Orchards!
- Reason 19 to Fall for Autumn... Friday Night Light...
- Five Minute Friday: Look
- #18 Reason to Fall for Autumn: Passing Away of the...
- #17 Reason to Fall for Autumn... Keep the Home Fir...
- Reason #16 to Fall for Autumn: Brisk Walks
- 31 Days - Reason 15 to Fall for Autumn
- Are you Falling for Autumn yet? (Day 14)
- Reason 13 to Fall for Autumn... (Hint - Warm & Coz...
- Reason #12 to Fall for Autumn: Eucharisteo
- Five Minute Friday - "Race"
- Day 11 - For the Love of SCARVES!!!
- Finding the Rhythm of Routine!
- 31 Reasons to Fall for Autumn... Day 9
- 31 Reasons... Day 8: Mmm - Scented Candles
- 31 Reasons to Fall for Autumn (Day 7)
- 31 Reasons to Fall for Autumn... (Day 6)
- Day 5... (Repost)
- A little Glory for all to see... (Day 4 of 31)
- 31 Reasons to Fall for Autumn... Day 3
- 31 Reasons... Day 2
- 31 Reasons to Fall for Autumn
- 31 Reasons to Fall for Autumn
- ▼ October (35)
- ► 2008 (16)
- ► 2007 (30)